Coming from a line of ancestors that couldn’t express themselves, I inadvertently learnt not to speak up which created a challenging life of suppression vs expression. So much so, [as I couldn’t hold on any longer] I wet my pants when I was 6 years old because I didn’t want to interrupt the teacher!
The more we speak from our authentic voice, the more we move into a space of empowerment with each expression that moves through us.
When we learn to accept and love ourselves as we are, we allow the whole part of ourselves to be expressed, unapologetically, without fear of rejection or the need for approval. Rather than the facade of acting a certain way, merely to be accepted by those around us.
The battle within is the greatest challenge you will overcome
On the other side of fear, lives freedom
- Write uncensored for 15 – 30 minutes (simply don’t think about it and write whatever comes up)
- Take the time to read what you wrote and see what the theme was
- Recognise the patterns that your living your life from and shift it through observation
- Speak your truth for 24 hours
- Before you speak, ask yourself is this true for me? Or is it bullsh*t, am I saying it to be loved and accepted by those around me? – If it’s true for you – go for it. If it doesn’t feel aligned, then recognise that and adjust accordingly.